COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
(Congratulations to our winner, Lee Barrett)
Not allowing the dust to settle, let's get on with our next competition. A bundle of three books, again courtesy of our friends at BBC Books and Ebury Press.
A forgotten enemy. An old adversary. A terrible alliance.
From a ruined world at the end of time, the vicious Sild make preparations to conquer the past and rewrite history. But to do it they will need to enslave an intellect greater than their own...
On Earth, UNIT is called in to examine a mysterious incident on a North Sea drilling platform. They've hardly begun, though, when something even stranger takes hold: The Brigadier and others are starting to forget about UNIT's highest-profile prisoner.
As the Sild invasion begins, the Doctor faces a terrible dilemma. To save the universe, he must save his arch-nemesis... The Master.
Tales of Trenzalore: The Eleventh Doctor's Last Stand
Some of what happened during those terrible years on Trenzalore is well documented. But most of it remains shrouded in mystery and darkness. This is a glimpse of just some of the terrors the people faced, the monstrous threats the Doctor defeated. These are the tales of the monsters who found themselves afraid - and of the one man who was not.
Let it Snow is penned by Justin Richards, and features the Ice Warriors. Richards is a celebrated writer and Creative Cosultant to the BBC Books range of Doctor Who books.
The Krynoid returns in An Apple a Day by George Mann, author of the Newbury & Hobbes steampunk mystery series, as well as numerous other novels, short stories and original audiobooks.
Strangers in the Outland by Paul Finch sees the return of the Autons. Paul Finch has previously written for TV crime drama The Bill, and has written two Doctor Who audio dramas for Big Finish - Leviathan and Sentinels of the New Dawn.
And finally, evil mind-parasite the Mara reappears in The Dreaming by Mark Morris. Morris has published sixteen novels, among which are Stitch, The Immaculate, The Secret of Anatomy, Fiddleback, The Deluge and four books in the Doctor Who range.
Summer Falls and Other Stories
Summer Falls by Amelia Williams
In the seaside village of Watchcombe, young Kate is determined to make the most of her last week of summer holiday. But when she discovers a mysterious painting entitled 'The Lord of Winter' in a charity shop, it leads her on an adventure she never could have planned. The painting is a puzzle - and with the help of some bizarre new acquaintances, she plans on solving it.
(Inspired by the Doctor Who episode 'The Bells of Saint John')
The Angel's Kiss by Melody Malone
Detective Melody Malone has an unexpected caller: movie star Rock Railton thinks someone is out to kill him - and when he mentions the 'kiss of the Angel', she takes the case. At the press party for Railton's latest movie, studio owner Max Kliener invites Melody to become their next star. But the cost of fame, she'll soon discover, is greater than anyone could possibly imagine.
(Inspired by the Doctor Who episode, 'The Angels Take Manhattan')
Devil in the Smoke as recounted by Mr Justin Richards
On a cold day in December, two young boys, tired of sweeping snow from the workhouse yard, decide to build a snowman - and are confronted with a strange and grisly mystery. In horrified fascination, they watch as their snowman begins to bleed... The search for answers to this impossible event will plunge Harry into the most hazardous - and exhilarating - adventure of his life.
(Inspired by the Doctor Who episode, 'The Snowmen')
COMPETITION TWO: DOCTOR WHO PAPERBACK BUNDLE
Cathode Ray Tube has one set of three paperbacks, Harvest of Time, Tales of Trenzalore and Summer Falls, to give away to one lucky winner courtesy of BBC Books and Ebury Publishing. Simply answer the question below and submit your entry via email.
- - This competition is open to residents of the UK only but not to employees of BBC Books and Ebury Publishing or their agents.
- - Entries must be received by midnight GMT on Wednesday 20 August 2014.
- - This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and no cash alternative is available.
- - No responsibility will be accepted for delayed, mislaid, lost or damaged entries whether due to system error or otherwise.
- - Only one entry per visitor per day. No multiple entries allowed. Entries sent using answers posted on competition websites will be deemed void. We know who you are!
- - The winner will be the first entry with the correct answer drawn at random.
- - The winner will be contacted by email. The books will be posted one week after the competition closes (unless delayed by postal strikes).
- - The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- - Entrants are deemed to accept and be bound by these rules and entries that are not in accordance with the rules will be disqualified.
- - By entering the free prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by any other requirements set out on this website. Entry is via email to email@example.com. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, only partially received or delayed for whatever reason. Paper entries are not valid.
Email your answer to the question above, with your name and address, and we'll enter you into the prize draw.