COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED - congratulations to winner Miche Doherty
Competition time again! For our third giveaway, we have two more Doctor Who books from BBC Books and Ebury Press to tantatlise and delight you. Simply answer the question below to enter the draw.
Many people know about William Shakespeare's famous encounter with the Doctor at the Globe Theatre in 1599. But what few people know (though many have suspected) is that it was not the first time they met.
Drawn from recently-discovered archives, The Shakespeare Notebooks is the holy grail of Bard scholars: conclusive proof that the Doctor not only appeared throughout Shakespeare's life, but had a significant impact on his writing. In these pages you'll find early drafts of scenes and notes for characters that never appeared in the plays; discarded lines of dialogue and sonnets; never-before-seen journal entries; and much more.
From the original notes for Hamlet (with a very different appearance by the ghost) and revealing early versions of the faeries of A Midsummer Night's Dream, to strange stage directions revised to remove references to a mysterious blue box, The Shakespeare Notebooks is an astonishing document that offers a unique insight into the mind of one of history's most respected and admired figures. And also, of course, William Shakespeare.
For over fifty years, Doctor Who has been one of the nation's favourite programmes. Now you can discover just how much you know about it.
Straightforward or fiendish, easy or horrendously difficult, all 3000 questions in this book have one thing in common - a certain traveller through time and space. From Ace to Zoe and Axons to Zygons, it covers every single one of the almost 250 Doctor Who stories that have been broadcast since 1963.
So put on your brainy specs, pour yourself a nice glass of carrot juice and prepare to discover if you have the knowledge to graduate from Time Lord Academy...
COMPETITION THREE: DOCTOR WHO BOOKS
Cathode Ray Tube has one each of the paperback Doctor Who: The Official Quiz Book and the hardback Doctor Who: The Shakespeare Notebooks to give away to one lucky winner courtesy of BBC Books and Ebury Publishing. Simply answer the question below and submit your entry via email.
- - This competition is open to residents of the UK only but not to employees of BBC Books and Ebury Publishing or their agents.
- - Entries must be received by midnight GMT on Saturday 23 August 2014.
- - This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and no cash alternative is available.
- - No responsibility will be accepted for delayed, mislaid, lost or damaged entries whether due to system error or otherwise.
- - Only one entry per visitor per day. No multiple entries allowed. Entries sent using answers posted on competition websites will be deemed void. We know who you are!
- - The winner will be the first entry with the correct answer drawn at random.
- - The winner will be contacted by email. The books will be posted one week after the competition closes (unless delayed by postal strikes).
- - The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- - Entrants are deemed to accept and be bound by these rules and entries that are not in accordance with the rules will be disqualified.
- - By entering the free prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by any other requirements set out on this website. Entry is via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, only partially received or delayed for whatever reason. Paper entries are not valid.
Email your answer to the question above, with your name and address, and we'll enter you into the prize draw.