Missing your Doctor Who fix now that the current series has finished and the Ponds have departed?
Not to worry, Cathode Ray Tube has two Doctor Who books looking for a Time Lord-loving owner. Our latest competition will give away to one lucky winner one copy each of J.T. Colgan's Dark Horizons novel and graphic novel The Dalek Project, by Justin Richards and Mike Collins, courtesy of BBC Books and Ebury Publishing. That should help with the withdrawal symptoms.
A thrilling new adventure starring the Doctor, as played by Matt Smith.
"Now, you may or may not have noticed, but we appear to be on fire..."
On a windswept Northern shore, at the very tip of what will one day become Scotland, the islanders believe the worst they have to fear is a Viking attack. Then the burning comes. They cannot run from it. Water will not stop it. It consumes everything in its path - yet the burned still speak.
The Doctor is just looking for a game on the famous Lewis chess set. Instead he encounters a people under attack from a power they cannot possibly understand. They have no weapons, no strategy and no protection against a fire sent to engulf them all.
Add in some marauding Vikings with very bad timing, a kidnapped princess with a secret of her own and a TARDIS that seems to have developed an inexplicable fear of water, and they all have a battle on their hands. The islanders must take on a ruthless alien force in a world without technology; without communications; without tea that isn't made out of bark. Still at least they have the Doctor on their side... Don't they?
Published by BBC Books, 7 July 2012
Justin Richards & Mike Collins
A stunning new graphic novel, featuring the Doctor as played by Matt Smith in an exciting adventure with the Daleks.
1917. It's the height of the Great War and Hellcombe Hall is a house full of mystery: locked doors, forbidden rooms, dustsheets covering guilty secrets, and ghostly noises frightening the servants. Most mysterious of all, the drawing-room seems to open directly onto a muddy, corpse-filled trench on the Western Front...
Arriving at this stately home, the Doctor meets Lord Hellcombe, an armaments manufacturer who has a new secret weapon he believes will win the war: he calls it ‘the Dalek’. Soon, the Doctor and his new friends are in a race against time to prevent the entire Western Front from becoming part of the Dalek Project!
Published by BBC Books, 6 September 2012
Cathode Ray Tube has one copy each of Dark Horizons and The Dalek Project to give away to one winner courtesy of BBC Books and Ebury Publishing. Simply answer the question below and submit your entry via email.
- - This competition is open to residents of the UK only but not to employees of BBC Books and Ebury Publishing or their agents.
- - Entries must be received by midnight GMT on Monday 8th October 2012
- - This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and no cash alternative is available.
- - No responsibility will be accepted for delayed, mislaid, lost or damaged entries whether due to system error or otherwise.
- - Only one entry per visitor per day. No multiple entries allowed.
- - The winner will be the first entry with the correct answer drawn at random.
- - The winner will be contacted by email. The books will be posted one week after the competition closes (unless delayed by postal strikes).
- - The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- - Entrants are deemed to accept and be bound by these rules and entries that are not in accordance with the rules will be disqualified.
- - By entering the free prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by any other requirements set out on this website.
- Entry is via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, only
partially received or delayed for whatever reason. Paper entries are not
Email your answer to the question above, with your name and address, and we'll enter you into the prize draw. Good luck!