Gwen and Rhys are on the run. Rhys was hoping this meant a windswept cottage on a cliff top, but he’s had to settle for a miserable caravan in the isolated village of Rawbone. With the locals taking an unhealthy interest in their daughter, Gwen and Rhys start to realise that something is very wrong.
As they uncover the village’s terrible past, Gwen discovers that Torchwood will never leave her behind, and now she and Rhys stand alone in defence of the Earth. And the children of Rawbone can only bring her closer to the secret forces that want her out of the way.
Based on the hit series created by Russell T Davies, First Born by James Goss is a prequel to Torchwood: Miracle Day, starring John Barrowman and Eve Myles as Jack Harkness and Gwen Cooper, with Kai Owen as Rhys Williams. Published 21 July 2011.
Excavations of the old Torchwood Institute are under way, but the body of Suzie Costello is nowhere to be found - a Torchwood: Miracle Day prequel, Long Time Dead is written by Sarah Pinborough.
Cardiff Bay. The government has ordered the excavation of the wreckage of a secret underground base. DCI Tom Cutler is watching from a distance, fascinated by the process. There are people in his dreams. People he feels he should know.
The disbanded Torchwood Institute spent a century accumulating non-terrestrial artefacts and catching aliens. Who knows what – or who – might still be intact down there. But by the time they find the first body, Suzie Costello is long gone.
Based on the hit series created by Russell T Davies, Long Time Dead by Sarah Pinborough is a prequel to Torchwood: Miracle Day, starring John Barrowman and Eve Myles as Jack Harkness and Gwen Cooper. It features Suzie Costello, as played by Indira Varma. Published 4 August 2011.
Agent Rex Matheson investigates the disappearance of a CIA squad transporting secret Torchwood cargo - The Men Who Sold the World is a Torchwood: Miracle Day prequel and is written by Guy Adams.
When Oscar Lupe appears 20,000 feet up in the air, his body is frozen solid and free-falling to earth. It shatters on impact. Soon after, a CIA Special Activities Division squad goes rogue with a cargo marked ‘Torchwood’ that they’ve been escorting from somewhere called Cardiff.
The Agency puts Rex Matheson on the case. As the strange deaths pile up, Rex realises there must be experimental tech out there, but someone is obstructing him at every turn. Rex is the CIA’s golden boy – but has he met his match in the evasive Mr Wynter…?
Based on the hit series created by Russell T Davies, The Men Who Sold The World by Guy Adams is a prequel to Torchwood: Miracle Day, starring John Barrowman and Eve Myles as Jack Harkness and Gwen Cooper, with Mekhi Phifer as Rex Matheson. Published 18 August 2011.
Simply answer the question below and submit your entry.
- - This competition is open to residents of the UK only but not to employees of BBC Books and Ebury Press or their agents.
- - Entries must be received by midnight GMT on Thursday 18th August 2011
- - This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and no cash alternative is available.
- - No responsibility will be accepted for delayed, mislaid, lost or damaged entries whether due to system error or otherwise.
- - Only one entry per visitor per day. No multiple entries allowed.
- - The winner will be the first entry with the correct answer drawn at random.
- - The winner will be contacted by email. The books will be posted immediately after the competition closes (unless delayed by postal strikes).
- - The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- - Entrants are deemed to accept and be bound by these rules and entries that are not in accordance with the rules will be disqualified.
- - By entering the free prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by any other requirements set out on this website. Entry is only available online using the form below or via email to email@example.com. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, only partially received or delayed for whatever reason. Paper entries are not valid